Friday, August 13, 2010

Helpful supplements

When I was undergoing treatment for breast cancer (the full monty - mastectomy, lengthy chemotherapy, radiotherapy and reconstruction) I researched changes that I could make to my lifestyle and diet that would help to strengthen my immune system and enhance my chances of overcoming cancer and making a full recovery.

After making the mistake of eating a creamy pasta lunch and feeling really sickly following my very first chemotherapy session, I did a complete detox, and then continued by eating only light salads and fruit on the days that I received my dose of chemotherapy. I never felt sick at all on this regime.

I also drank lots of water (at least 4 liters per day) during chemotherapy, as recomended by oncologists, to flush through the potent chemo drugs.

I discovered that cancer cells thrive in cells that have a reduced oxygen supply. So I did research into deep breathing techniques and began practicing them as I wanted to be sure to oxygenate my body as much as possible. These had the added benefit of helping me to relax and feel calmer, despite everything that I was going through.

I started eating a healthier diet, and stopped drinking alcohol during my treatment. As well as feeling healthier and more positive about my body and its capacity to heal, the bonus was that I lost weight. This did not please my Oncologist, though, as she had to recalculate my dosage of chemo drugs!

My research led to the discovery of Essiac Tincture based on the remedy devised by Rene Caisse who devoted her life to treating cancer patients with her Essiac formulation. She opened many cancer clinics and gained the support of many doctors that came to see and help in her work.

I felt much more positive during my treatment knowing that I was doing everything possible, and taking a holistic approach to my own healing. I was boosting my body's ability to heal itself, rather than merely hoping that having my body hacked into, being overdosed with toxic drugs and zapped with dangerous rays was going cure me!

Four years on I am healthier than I was before. Thanks to continuing with eating lots of salads, vegetables, fruit and pulses, not too many carbs and a small amount of meat and fish, I am at a weight that I am happy with and fit enough to enjoy scuba diving on a daily basis throughout the summer. I do take some routine health supplements like CoQ10, Krill oil, and Vitamin C, from Treasure Your Health, and most importantly Pearlcium - a wonderful discovery by a Chinese nutritionist.

Back in spring 2010, following a fairly sedentary winter, my ankles and hips had started causing me pain when walking wearing the heavy scuba gear. My joints felt as if they needed lubricating, the bones seemed as if they were crunching together under the 20 kilos of equipment.

I searched online for a solution and discovered Pearlcium. How amazing! After 3 weeks the pain had totally disappeared! I also lost the tingling that I used to get in my hands at night and stiffness that I experienced after sitting for hours at the computer. Pearlcium also has a host of other health and beauty benefits as well as helping with stress. So it proved to be a very lucky find.

The following winter, when I was having my seasonal break from diving, I decided to cut my dosage of Pearlcium from the recommended 2 tablets twice per day to 1 twice per day. Within a week I was re-experiencing the stiffness in my ankles after sitting for long spells at the computer and the tingling at night returned. So I went back to my normal dose and the problems disappeared very quickly.

When I began diving again this spring (2011) I wondered whether I would have any problems with being a little out of condition. This year everything was marvellous - no pain whatsoever, and I felt fitter than I had or years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment